Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child does not want to visit Grandparent who got a Court order for access

Options
  • 21-03-2024 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

Hi,

My mother in-law brought my husband and I to court a couple of years ago for access to our child. We never denied access in the first place, which puts the behaviour into context.

We have been giving access as per court order with no issue, other than threats to take us back to court if she does not get the dates she demands, even though alternative dates suggested.

We don't speak about the grandmother breakdown of relationship with our child, just ask how their day was. Over the last few weeks they have said they do not want to go with their grandmother and have asked me a number of times to message the grandmother to say so. Which I did only recently and the reply was 'i will pick them up as normal '. At what point does the wants and need's of the child come into affect and would we have to go back to court to challenge this.

The child does not enjoy being with the grandmother and would prefer being with the minder.

I would appreciate some guidance from those who have been in this situation.

Kind regards

Post edited by Spear on

Advertisement