Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure if Im fooled Please help

Options
  • 19-03-2024 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Very unique situation here.

Scenario- " My child attends a childcare facility on NCS scheme.

There is Easter Camp during Easter Holidays.

My child is too small to attend Easter Camp ( i have to give extra money for easter camp- So i decided not to send because even after paying extra money, there is no use as my child is too small to participate in it).

.Now my question is - " The childcare provider says- If Im not sending my child to Easter Camp I can not send my child to regular NCS hours ALSO. To say this in simple terms- I will be still paying the weekly money for my child' s NCS hours but since my child is NOT attending easter camp ( for an extra cost), I am not allowed to send my child to his/ her regular NCS hours.

This sounds strange to me!!

I called NCS parents support centre, even they said, they havent heard something like this before.

I tgought of asking parents here.

Im trying to understand it right.

Please put your inputs🙏🙏🙏

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Is the NCS scheme similar to ecce scheme?

They usually just run to a school calendar. So schools are off for 2 weeks at Easter , so the ecce scheme is also off.

If you require childminding services you will have to pay, if the facility has availability, as the scheme doesn't cover it.

The camp is obviously an extra thing they run, for parents that need childcare. However as your child is too young for the camp you may need to pay for regular creche services if there's availability. Staff to child ratios are very tight which might be why they are bringing in extra resources running a camp.

Advertisement