Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irp card and new passport

Options
  • 17-03-2024 3:24am
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3

There are no more stamps on the passport and only Irp card.

Can you enter ireland only with irp card because i am worry about that and a new passport because i have to travel to renew my old one .

Thank you

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The IRP card is not a travel document - how are you planning to travel without a passport?

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 smile19988

I am planning to go back to my country to renew my passport but when i will be back to ireland my new passport is going to be empty without stamps and if they going to let me in just with irp card and new passport

That was my worry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭wandererz

Do they not give you the old passport back?

Usually most countries give you the old passport back, especially if you have visas etc on them that are still valid. Ask them when you apply or even before.

Make a copy of your old passport and visas also.

You will be able to return to Ireland with your new passport and IRP card

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 smile19988

The point is that even on my old passport i have only 1 stamp that expires 2 years ago and they said they dont need to put a new one anymore so the only stamp i have is expiry 2 years ago.

This new system is very confusing

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement