Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Charging from Grid Question - Solis Inverter

Options
  • 29-02-2024 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I had my 6kW system installed this week. My inverter is Solis S5-EH1P5K-L. I have a Fox 5kWh battery.

The installer has configured the inverter to charge the battery between 2am and 4am from the grid at 50amp. He said this was to stop the battery draining too much, however the battery is set to max discharge of 80% and doesn't go below 20%.

Is it safe for me to disable this charge from grid until such time as I have switched to a night rate?

For the moment, I have reduced the "Charge Limit" to 25amps to reduce the amount of electricity it's using to charge. Is there any issues with this?

Any advice / suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

Cd

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Your battery BMS will stop discharging at 20% state of charge (the accepted normal setting) so no issue with you not charging from the grid on added assumption you are charging the battery from surplus PV you are currently generating now the sunlight gains are waking from the Winter slumber

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

If you have no night rate I'd set the discharge depth to 50-60% and not charge over night.

Once you start filling the battery from solar, start increasing it back up to 80%.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 condord

Thanks! Will configure that. I plan to switch to night rate soon.

Advertisement