Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar PV and the fusion solar app graph Question

Options
  • 19-02-2024 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, Just had a 6.6kW solar Pv system installed(no batteries). I have the fusion solar app and i have a question regarding the graphs that i'm hoping one of you gentlemen can answer!

It says that my consumption is 96.57% from PV but how can that be if there was consumption spikes in the nighttime as seen in orange on the graph that are bigger that the consumption from the grid number of 0.25kWh. Surely it would have pulled more energy from the grid during the night.

This could be a misunderstanding of the graph on my part. Does the yield thats fed to the grid cancel out the grid consumption during the night( the area under the graph in green cancels out area under graph in orange) ?

Or maybe the consumption reading actually only starts from daytime hours like 8am?

I might be just confusing myself and the answer is obvious but any help appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

I wonder if its taking the export into account and subtracting that from your total import ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kevin0k

That might be it, think i will have a look at the data in the morning before the sun comes up to see what my consumption from the grid is then and whether it goes down once the solar panels start exporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭DC999

I have that inverter. Of the solar energy used, you self consumed nearly 97%. The other 3% you bought from the grid.

You'll see solar provided all your power from about 9am bar a small time later in the snip you added.

But...looking at the graph it does look like more than .25kWh were used overnight. If you have a Zappi, check it's usage some morning for energy used 'today'. Then compare to the Huawei. Both should be very similar in kWh used. And can do the same on your ESB meter. Take reading at midnight and compare.

Handy dashboard as you can see the full 24hr usage from the house. Will help u see what is an energy hog.

Advertisement