Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air2air quotes (ie air con, heatpump)

Options
  • 28-01-2024 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

4 single splits; price 6800e net, including install

3 x 2.5kW & 1 x 3.5 kW

Fujitsu

First quote so not calibrated on what is fair price. Installer seems good from responsiveness/ knowledge/info sharing perspective.

😎

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Did they give you model numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭DC999

They all run off a single outdoor unit? And what model of Fujusti? Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

No, single split. So 4 outdoor 4 indoor units. (Space not an issue outside)

😎

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Is the kW rating the output of the units?

As I understand it the KW ratings are related to their volume of air cooled/moved, actual consumption is more like 0.5-1.2kw, according to spec sheets listed at bottom of this standard looking one

https://webstore.uk.fujitsu-general.com/2-5kw-wall-mounted-indoor-unit-r32-asyg09kmcc

😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Nice, didn't know that, so basically for the 11kw total you only need an outdoor unit that draws about max 6kw? That can easily be run from batteries with an 8kw inverter. So why go for 4 outdoor units and not 1 or 2?

I think its a choice, I will review as I learn a bit more with another quote or two.

The sense I am getting now is single split (one unit indoor, for one out) is that they are cheaper are slightly more efficient. Efficiency might be offset by fact more units to service/break, but equally your whole system is not broke if one outdoor unit is causing an issue.

It seems the multi unit outdoor pieces cost more - but are common because of limited space and aesthesis - my units be it 1 or multiple would all be at rear of home and only cows passing judgemental remarks! The single units can also be co-located/stacked, so its not like boxes randomly on walls

😎

LG air-conditioning system

1 outdoor unit + 4 indoors wall mounts

Installation of all units and commissioning of system to run up

€10,000

😎

Advertisement