Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pv Solar

Options
  • 22-01-2024 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi

Thinking of Pv Solar. 16 qcell 375 Panels. Heating is solid fuel stove and oil during winter months. Pv would be electricity usage. Would give to grid during summer months and winter months will rely on electricity supplier. Anyone have this setup and how do you find it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭DC999

Yeah, pretty much everyone here has that setup. Connected to the electrical grid and solar generates electricity. Have a look at the quotes thread on this forum to get a sense of the setups.

How do I find it? Amazing. Downsides? I don't have enough roof space to fit even more panels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JayBee66

Similar here. 16x400W. Produced 5650kWh last year. Have €1900 in credit with electricity supplier. Not used oil boiler for over 3 years. Will probably dismantle it and get rid of the radiators. Will replace with A2A heat pump, if I can get an installer who will service my area, which are rare as hen's teeth. So far, only one will communicate with me. The rest either won't leave their county, don't answer, don't follow up or give a thousand reasons why I should contact the only one that will communicate with me. Not great for building a quote comparison list. Heating is currently a wood stove in the living room and various electric heaters and desiccant dehumidifiers around the house. So long as you keep the humidity down the house will be fine. Heat the human, not the home.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭pete6296

Hi, thanks for your reply. Annual usage for me currently is 4600kwh. Is that 1900 credit over many years. What is your typical household usage. Really appreciate your response

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭pete6296

Thanks, I am happy with my quote. Happy with installer. Sounds like it's a no brainer the way you are describing it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JayBee66

I'd be worried about servicing and spare parts. I'd rather get a well-known Japanese air conditioner for each there are easy to get spares and can be serviced by a company that isn't going to disappear overnight.

Advertisement