Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NC6 Form

Options
  • 19-01-2024 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Quick question - does the system have to be fully installed and commissioned before the NC6 form is submitted or can you submit the form, wait until it's approved and then install and commission the system? TIA, Paul

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Nc6 is notify and fit, supposed to go in a at least week before and if you don't hear anything to the contrary you can fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

What happens if no nc6 is provided? Is there some legal requirement to provide it ?

Background is I bought a new build in 2018 and none was provided to ESB networks. Builder & installer are refusing to send one.

I'd clarify for sure with the esb but as far as I know before any solar is connected an nc6 is meant to be in.

If you get it in writing from ESBN and then you could use the stick of reporting to RECI to get them to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Thanks. I thought there were some test measurements that had to go on the form but there mustn't be.

So basically once the RECI has the datasheet for the inverter and the panels they'll have everything they need for the form?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

On a side note, how does one know if the installer has actually sent in the NC6, I havent gotten confirmation from ESBN or maybe I have to chase it up with them?

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Advertisement

you need to email esbnetworks@esb.ie

they can confirm for you. provide mprn number also

I have confirmation from ESBN that they have not provided a cert. The installer has advised also they dont do it. They are not a RECI from what i can see. They seem to do a number of other products as well as solar.

Well there must have been a cert in for the house to be connected to the ESBN.. I'd contact safe electric and see what they'd advise, someone had to sign off on the install. If the installer wasn't a reci.. who actually "installed" it then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭allinthehead

This👆

Connecting a generator to the grid is restricted electrical works and must be done by a REC. It must be tested and certified and the nc6 has to be signed and submitted by the REC.

Time to get tough Op. Demand it, let them know you will escalate. If you get no joy, go to Safe Electric and make a complaint. There's a section on their website to report illegal work.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Advertisement
Advertisement