Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Clerical Officer process

Options
  • 02-01-2024 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi lads

i applied for CO in the HSE in September r for Wexford and did an interview on December first. Haven’t heard anything back on this since. I know the civil service recruitment can work slowly but I’m wondering is there anyone else in the same position waiting to hear or would know how long the process generally takes? I’m stuck in a dead end job at the minute on the opposite side of the country so I’m just curious!

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 25,710 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You know they have a recruitment freeze in the HSE right now?

Think it is expected to lift sometime this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cinderella2000

All panels are on hold. No new recruits being hired, no new internal moves not even grade to grade, no extension to spcs.

The exception being a select few frontline HCW'S, easily found online.

A new CO role, depending where you are on the panel, will be quite slow coming around.

When the ban will be lifted.... not as soon as people think IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 niall.kennedy

Just for a bit of closure on this I got in touch and for this round they’re finishing interviews and putting together the panels then. Whether or not they allocate is a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 9 herbmeister

My understanding was that the recruitment ban was for grade 5 and higher.... hence why the campaign went ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 herbmeister

Heard back today and the panel will go live end of the month...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 niall.kennedy

Like Herb said the results were out today. I’m 8th on the panel so fingers crossed for offer as soon as it goes live!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 JesseJane

Best of luck Niall. All I will say is, if you get a choice of departments when they send you an expression of interest form choose wisely or you could end up somewhere where you feel equally "stuck" take it from someone who has been there! Do your homework if you get a choice and again the best of luck.

Advertisement