Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carers Benefit PRSI Contribution

Options
  • 16-12-2023 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me.

I have been declined carers benefit based on PRSI contributions. The only time I have not been employed in the last 20 years is maternity leave which happens to have fallen in the last 3 years. This has made the whole process of applying very messy. Hard to predict that I would have a child born with serious medical needs!!

I have had my maternity leave credits added to my PRSI record and these show as credited contributions not as ‘paid’ contributions. Should these be used along with my paid contributions to give me enough PRSI contributions to claim carers benefit?

I know I can call them on Monday but my head is in a bit of a spin being refused and Christmas is coming and I have finished work!

if anyone could clarify for me it would be great. I have never required any form of social welfare so this is very new to me. I cannot find a definitive answer on google as all articles relate to ‘paid contributions’

thank you in advance

Post edited by Spear on

Advertisement