Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving An Garda Síochána for Irish water

Options
  • 13-12-2023 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys. Just enquiring does anyone know can I essentially cash out what I've accrued on my pension thus far if I leave for the above semi-state position as they have their own pension scheme? Any info would be appreciated.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭gipi

Generally, public service pensions are "parked" when a person resigns, it's claimed at retirement age. There used to be an exception if a person resigned within 2 years - pension payments were refunded. I don't know if this still applies.

You may find that your pension service can be transferred to your new employment in the public service, as many bodies are part of the same pension \ superannuation legislative scheme.

Advertisement