Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"This has to be a wind up", etc.

Options
  • 13-12-2023 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭

I've noticed on some forums, Motors and Legal Discussion in particular, that a strange question by the OP is often met with "This has to be a wind up", or similar.

While the backseat modding is jarring in itself (and is rarely called out), IMO it really does put people off asking questions which might seem out of the ordinary, which is one of the reasons people tend to end up on a discussion forum in the first place.

There is often no way for the OP to prove their story without giving personal details, and the person calling them out knows this very well. It really stifles discussion, and is bad for boards.ie all around in my view.

I think mods should be reminded of this fact, and by all means delete/ban obvious trolls - but it's often strange questions that are targeted. Hopefully this is read, and some steps might be taken to allow freer discussion.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,239 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

This thread has to be a wind up, etc.

(Being serious though, I do agree with the spirit of your post)

Advertisement