Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door to door tariff wars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,058 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Always been the same, those people are on commission and the lie and cheat to get you signed up. Don't do it is right. Never sign up for anything people try to sell you at the door. I always open the door, look at their badge and before they can even say "Good morning" I say no thanks 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

i know i had a moment of weakness.

Its dodgy all right... even with the picture and video proof of offer - they just downgraded me to the "closest" mathcing offer - and there was no proof of tariff slected - they had 24 hour meter slected ven though he visited the meter and recorded it as the new day night SM. argh. waste if time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,701 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It goes without saying, never ever ever conduct any unsolicited business at your front door, from energy and telecoms deals to roofing and driveway contractors it regularly ends in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭on_the_roots

Same here, I learned the hard way never to do any business with anyone coming to my door.

It is a shame as there are lots of legit people out there doing business in an old fashion way, but for the sake of my own sanity I will never do it again.

Advertisement