Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seplos mason boxes having a mare of a time with them

Options
  • 31-10-2023 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I currently have 2 mason boxes white vertical boxes that have the same issue. They started showing zero to 100% in seconds and then back to zero setting alarms off. I notice the box is no longer allowing me to power it off with the manual switch on the back the screen remains on. And the current shows is charging at .63 amps it's not even connected to a power supply.

Has anyone experienced these issues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

Where did you get the vertical cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

That doesn't bode well with me either as I was/am on the brink of ordering some Mason boxes from Fogstar. Can I ask how you got them ddong1412? They don't ship to the Republic as far as I know.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭TerraSolis

Is it possible to buy the prebuilt kits from Fogstar without getting murdered on customs/duty?

They don't even ship to the republic, but if you get it delivered to one of the parcel depots in the north you can avoid it.

Someone mentioned this place

it will come on a pallet, but will fit in a car if you unload it into its boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ddonq1412

I live on the boarder in northern Ireland are you looking some.

My cases have came from fogstar or seplos them selves. Fogstar will ship to northern Ireland seplos in china will only ship to ROI. Seems all sellers will not ship to NI from alibaba

So did you build them yourself then?

If you did, id be starting at square one again, Disconnect BMS completely, Check cell voltages, reconnect everything, check seplos configuration..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭DC999

Hey, did you get this sorted? There's a few people here interested in the fogstar seplos kits

You need to manual top balance the cells. If you wait on the next batch of the seplos kits from fogstar they will include the active balancer 2amps. That would help settle this issue. it took me about a week to sort it for 1 box. i have another than is only allowing me to use about 5kw then it stops but it must be a low voltage cell that needs topped up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

I've just received the same as yours two vertical Masons with B envision 305Ah and I'm going to top balance them. Fogstar tell me that V3 BMS won't physically fit inside the case, so no chance of upgrading but I'm happy enough to live with V2

What power supply did you use?

Am I right in understanding that a 60v supply is needed because its 48v bank?

How long did it take to top balance?

TIA🙏

I used a few different chargers. I didn't charge all cells to 3.5 individually as to do it as a series pack needs more watching. Where are you in the country I could lend my chargers if not too far way

Ah sound thanks 👍️, thats a decent offer - I'm in Galway but not able to drive much due to a back injury so this project is keeping my head busy!

The first pack is showing 50% SOC and voltage difference of 8mv so I'm thinking of letting the inverter charge them and then unmount and balance with DC power supply (30v 10a).... what do you think of that?

that would be the best way speed up the process.

@ddonq1412

How do you have the dip switches set to get both boxes talking to each other?

I've tried several variants and watched Andy on Off grid garage tackle it but still no luck. On the battery monitor program I can see one or other of the battery packs but not both

Advertisement