Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Solar set up whilst renting, worth it?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Not worth it if you have grid power right there.

Paying a big premium for portability,

Perfect if camping/caravaning etc and not having to run a generator etc but if your in a house it's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭con747

Personally I would give it a miss. For that type of money you would probably never make it back in power generated but others could tell you the maths on it. I might be wrong though. I would think if you waited until you had your own place and got a proper system installed you would still be better off financially rather than buying something like that.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Thanks for the input!

i was wondering as well if it would pay itself off in a few years but I dont have the guarantee it would last as many years (even with warranty). Pity, i love the idea of it :(

Advertisement