Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesup Hera

Options
  • 23-09-2023 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Yes, I should have done more research on Tesup name before purchasing...

So I have one of these and its mounted on top of a chimney on my house on a hill with clear 360 view. It doesn't go around very often even when wind speed is 15mph with 25mph gusts or as we had the other day 20mph wind and 35mph gusts. It's meant to start generating at 10mph and down to 8mph speeds but its not even turning. Charge controller brake is turned to OFF (so shouldn't brake).

Other than the fact it might be "faulty" anyone had this problem before and any fixes other than getting a new one (or something else)? Turbine or charge controller like to be at fault (though to be fair, never saw it turn before it was wired up either).

Secondly, a suitable inverter for if I get it spinning freely? Their re-badged Growatt never arrived, so got a refund and the Solis I got had too high a start voltage. Growatt apparently not a reliable make either...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Possibly need to get back to basics, see how well it turns by hand and what sort of voltage it produces then.

Wind around chimneys isn't great either (eg not clean wind)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭JayBee66

I thought of making a Vertical Axis Wind Turbine out of an old blue barrel but with the PV providing all our needs it's fallen off the To Do list.

I wouldn't expect it to produce much power and if it did the noise would probably be deafening with it sitting on your roof.

I can't imagine anything like that producing 7KW. VAWTs are the least efficient wind turbines.

Advertisement