Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrospective NC6 - pre 2022 - EN50438

Options
  • 12-09-2023 9:24pm

Evening,

Newly built house in 2018 in an estate of 30 houses with the usual solar panels. Inverter was only fitted at snagging stage when purchaser noticed it was missing and the solar panels weren't attached to anything. House was one of the first built but last occupied (show house) so a different electrician installed the inverter than the one that certified the house.

Unfortunately the builder has no record of who installed the inverter, so how can I get the retrospective NC6 form completed. Inverter complies with EN50438 and have the documentation but can't get anyone to certify that (section 5C of the NC6) Form NC6 – Microgeneration Notification (esbnetworks.ie)

Any tips or ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭TerraSolis

To be honest, ESBN are too busy to check each installation for certs. Sparks hate doing certs too - awfully boring stuff. Find a friendly or enterprising sparks to sign the paperwork and provide their RECI number on the NC6 and forget the cert. You won't have any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭DC999

Step1 is to contact ESBN and ask them to confirm if they have the NC6 or any microgen version of that on file. There's a (tiny?) chance it did get submitted.

You only get paid FIT from date it's submitted sadly.

I know a Dublin based spark that does solar. If you IM me I can send you on his number. No idea if he does a retro NC6 but you and he can talk. One of the parents in our kids school.

Advertisement