Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builder charging us for something we didn’t ask for

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭enricoh

Fitted a double outdoor socket recently behind an existing socket, 30-40 minutes tops. I'd expect a spark to be a lot faster. Double socket E16, 50c of cable.

Tell him you still want socket in utility room n outdoor socket unwanted but I'll give you e50 for it. There's enough stuff to be shelling out on in a new gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

We moved in to a new build 7 years ago

. From paying the booking deposit to moving in took about 5 months. When we moved in there was a pile of final demands, addressed to my name, from an electric company.

the developer had signed up to the electric company, in my name, soon after we booked the house. Well before we actually signed contracts (and owned the house) and moved in.

i dont know if this is normal but we eventually got the developer to pay after threatening legal proceedings..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi

Thanks for the replies, was surprised with some of your responses tbh but its nice to see there are still folks with some common sense here too.

So I created the post as soon as my solicitor sent me the bill.

This forum has been helpful in the past during earlier stages of the build so that's why I asked.

the purpose was to seek advise on how to approach this out of principal

Like many lurkers here, this is my first rodeo buying a house, dealing with builders/tradesmen and to be fair we have heard horror stories about being overcharged and dealing with cowboys etc

Since then Iv spoke to the builder who was sound about everything and admitted the error.

We are paying 105€ for the external plug and he is not charging for other things we had requested...

We are happy with that, thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Thanks the snag list was completed before we received the bill.. we had raised the concern about the utility plug well before the snagging with the builder. we were only aware of the external plug when we received the bill this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

All well that ends well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

That's a great result. Good luck with your new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,253 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

It the way virtually all external sockets are fitted. You pick a suitable internal socket on an external wall. Drill a hole through it to the outside and fit the external socket. Virtually no other way of doing it

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement