Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New supplier

Options
  • 21-08-2023 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I welcome additional competition into the market, but the coverage annoys me.

I think it's a bit rich to offer fixed rates when by some (CRU) accounts prices will fall before the end of the year. For me personally, this is a very bad plan (even without standing charges or FIT -- that I cannot find). Everybody's usage is different of course. Smart meters are complex.

This kind of media 'education' does not help.

Folks need more help than the EAB!!

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

It's in the terms and conditions

Dont see a fit rate,

I agree EAB is practically useless to anyone that has solar, unit rates and knowing your use are key.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭curioustony

Thanks @graememk, @colemam4 those figures didn't help the comparison. The FIT almost covered the standing charges. The total went up a little.

I think for anybody with a smart meter, the EAB is not helpful. Solar HP and EV make this a lot worse. The CRU needs to put some real effort into education and the media should try harder too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭con747

The CRU needs to be disbanded, a total waste of money on a toothless lazy regulator.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

@con747 you could be right. Very good example of regulatory capture and turning a blind eye so others have plausible deniability.

Then again there may be some teeth there or it might just have been disbanded already. For sure it seems to struggle with a green agenda.

• Advertisement

The present situation with wholesale rates and no reduction is proof enough for me, but sure as long as the government hand out free money to help pay the bills why would the suppliers bother being competitive. Flogas are the only ones for whatever reason offering half reasonable rates and I see no valid reason why the bigger suppliers can't compete. Apart from profiteering. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

Yup, the fact that all the supplies hedged at the same time is a bit suspect.

Any word on the 12 month FIT review?

Not a hope. 😂 . The new entrant Yuno offering 0.16c I think is a joke though unless that's where they think rates are heading.

Post edited by con747 on

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Energia has increased their FIT, which ain't a good sign of rates coming down.

Advertisement