Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ESBN Type -test Certificate for Huawei Sun2000-5KTL-L1

• 07-07-2023 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello,

Wondering if anybody can point me to a link to the Irish type-test certificate for the above huawei inverter. This pertains for me to a DIY install, but I want to ensure I have the correct and required certificate to send on to ESB. I cannot seem to find the correct certificate.

Thanks in advance,

Ger

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭Buffman

The first link on google seems to have all the info you require. Right side of page, Irish cert of compliance I guess is what you're after.

https://midsummer.ie/buy/HuaweiSolar/SUN2000-5KTL-L1

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 gg3390

Buffman,

Many thanks - I found that one just today, but was unsure if that is what ESBN are looking for. I'll forward it on to them again and see what happens.

Cheers for replying.

Actually also, one bother I hadwith that certificate is that it mentioned three-phase installations, where clearly the 5KTL-L1 is only single phase. Didn't want the ESB rejecting a second certificate...

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

i'm in a similar situation albeit with solis. anyone know where i can get the cert of conformity for Sol-5K-RHI48ES-5G-DC ? search function on boards is timing out for some reason.

unfortunately midsummer don't list it on their site. even if someone has a copy of their own i'd very much appreciate a pm.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TerraSolis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭B9K9

I was chatting at a street charger a month ago to a gentleman from a big solar outfit. I mentioned that my proposed self instal solar project was hampered by a lack of certainty in regard to what inverters were approved. He mentioned that Huawei inverters which his company used were type approved by the ESB, plus one other whose name he did not mention. He did not say which Huawei model(s) were included. It was only a brief passing encounter but still useful as a start.

Now the question: Does there exist anywhere a list of hybrid inverters declared to be in compliance/ approved by the ESB and to the EN 50549-1:2019 standard "with deviations for Ireland", and what are these deviations?

I note the declaration of conformity mentions only the SUN2000-36KTL.

Might there be a guaranteed way of ascertaining if any inverter one might consider for purchase has approval? Such as an ESB publication or even an email address? This info is vital to all self installers, I'm pretty certain.

It is very confusing indeed, and hence my current difficulties. I already sent on the Type test certificate in the pic below, and ESB responded stating they had my NC6, but with the line "We received an NC6 Micro Generation form for you without the required Type-test certification EN 50549/ EN 50549-1:2019/AC:2019-04 Type-test certification for the interface[s] associated with the microgenerator[s] in question should also accompany this notification".

This suggests to me that this is the incorrect cert. However, it is the only one that I can find with EU Certification. Looking closely at it, it lists the Sun2000-5KTL as Sun2000-5KLT (obviously a typo). Reading the ESB "Conditions Governing the Connection and Operation of Microgeneration", it states that the "Type Test shall be from a body certified to I.S.EN ISO/IEC 17065. The cert below does not suggest that is the case.

Having said that, the only other cert I can find is one issued by a "Bureau Veritas", which mentions the 5kw inverter I have (popular installed model in Ireland right now), which goes on to mention three-phase surveillance in accordance with EN50549 etc....".

That is why I was hoping somebody that installed an Huawei inverter might PM me their type test cert, so that I do not get it wrong with ESB again.

I cannot see there being an issue with Huawei, as at least two of my neighbours in recent weeks have gotten grant-approved installs with Huawei 5kw inverters, so there ESB must have accepted the type-test. I'm looking to see if they might have a copy, but as they are not DIY I doubt it, hence the query here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭Buffman

There was a thread on here about someone trying to do a retrospective NC6 application and having trouble finding their older inverter cert. Anyway, ESBN were able to check the database over the phone for them to see if they already had the inverter on file. So I'd suggest just ringing them, sometimes stuff that can take 20 emails to clarify is far simpler to sort out with 2 minutes on the phone. 👍️

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭B9K9

dammit don't they have a freaking list we can check?

• Advertisement

Before deciding to go DIY, I got two quotes from relatively large and well-known SEAI installers in Galway - Both quoted me for Huawei inverters, one for a 6Kw and one for a 5kw. Considering these installers are installing daily at present, it follows I think that most single-phase huawei inverters are aceptable.

So the type-test cert for these should be available, and the one available on midsummer.ie that I was looking at I think is the cert used in the case of my Huawei Sun2000-5ktl-L1.

I'd just like to be absolutely sure, before resubmitting to ESBN, by seeing what somebody else who has said inverter (and there should be quite a few of them out there) submitted to ESB. Just to try and cross the t's and dot the i's...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭domeld

In case you still need it.

Thanks

Advertisement