Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddi Hot Water Tripping "max temp reached"

Options
  • 03-07-2023 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Need help with really annoying problem. Had solar panels installed last April with the Eddi unit. It's heating water cylinder tank, top element with thermostat on the side. Problem I'm having is that it keeps tripping every few days and I'm getting "max temp reached" on the display of the Eddie. I've had both the element and thermostat change. If I press the reset button on the top element it will work for a day out sometimes two then trip again. Had tried messing around with temp guage on both top element and thermostat.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

The reset button is a failsafe on the immersion.

The other thermostat in it is meant to cut the power when it reaches the required temperature.

You say you turned down the top element and thermostat, what is the thermostat part of?

It could be a the thermostat in the immersion is faulty, some are replaceable, some aren't.

Advertisement