Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEAI One Stop Sop Grant Admin

Options
  • 12-06-2023 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

New to boards.ie so apologies if this post doesn't belong here. We purchased a 1950's home in Dublin 2 years ago that needs a full renovation and we are also planning an extension. We have an architect and a couple of contractors we are talking to but I was wondering do I have to apply for the SEAI grants myself or can a One stop shop do them for me and work with my contractor and architect?

Has anyone got any experience with this? Does anyone know what a one stop shop would charge for just administrating the grants?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

You'll find it's cheaper to get separate quotes from companies for the Jobs you want doing.

OSS charge a premium from what I've seen.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Sorry, jumping in here but certain grants - such as windows - only available through One Stop Shops? I'm looking at upgrades too and that would include windows. I'd lose out on these grants going separately unless the difference is really that large?

The coordination aspect of it all is obviously a big selling for OSS too.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Punchin A Keyboard

It depends. I parted company with a OSS last year over a quote of 13.5k for 2.4kwp solar. It was the straw. All other parts were over the odds but not as excessive but the windows would been more than covered sans grants by the excesses in the quotes

Advertisement