Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi deregulation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

A cosy system is nothing like Uber/Lyft in the states. A cosy was required to have an SPSV drivers licence.

I never said I supported the cosy system, just mentioning it in the same way that like NYC yellow cabs Irish taxis were on the road more when cosying was a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭dublin49

I would say as soon as they compensate all the Eircom Shareholders for their losses they will speedily reimburse the Taximen,seriously Berties Government allowed the embargo on new entrants year after year until the public demanded action and there was wholesale support for deregulation mostly due to the short sightedness of the Taximen at the time.Had they allowed the introduction of a reasonable annual intake of new cars deregulation would not have happened then but maybe it woud have come in due to some EU regulation,

Advertisement