Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lotus Eletre

Options
  • 02-05-2023 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭

I don't see a thread on this anywhere.

Journalists have been starting getting hands on with it recently and most seem to be positive. I like the look of it, once you get over the fact that it is clearly not a lotus in any way.

Lotus have started to link up with Irish dealerships recently and we'll no doubt see this and future electric models establish a presence, just like the other Chinese manufacturers that have been increasingly appearing.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Looks a fine looking car and I really like the look of it but not going to be cheap when it hits these shores.

Pre-production model review

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭quokula

Starts from £90k in the UK and €98k in Germany if we can infer anything from that. That puts it in the same ballpark as a higher spec BMW iX for a much better looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,350 ✭✭✭✭ted1

To their credit. Lotus provided the chassis fir the Tesla Roadster

but then like MG they fell into the Geely group

I just got an email about this as I'd signed up for more info. If you want to check out the car they're running an event in Swords in a couple of weeks.

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/the-all-new-lotus-eletre-roadshow-sales-event-at-lotus-dublin-tickets-639229842667

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Some pics of the pre-production model in Dublin today:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Any word on Irish Pricing yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Not sure if it is just the perspective but the car looks absolutely awful in that second picture of the rear 3 quarter view!

As for price, if it is predicted at €98k in Germany, then it will likely be about €110k or €120k here. Even if the price matches the German prediction here, it is still a huge chunk of change for a "crossover" from a sports car manufacturer.

Was told approximately from €105k for standard, €140k for S & €170k for the R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Looks like a total dog’s dinner of a design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Too SUV and too Chinese for my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I think it looks great !!

Not mad about Ipad-like entertainment screens but otherwise looks super far better than the BMW IX.

I was at the event and thought it looked great too. Looks better in person than in photos I think. And I think the interior actually feels more luxurious than you'd expect for the price, compared to say a similarly priced Taycan. Obviously as a massive SUV it's not going to have the driving dynamics of a car like that but Lotus are talking a big game on the performance side.

Personally I think it's just a bit too big but if the smaller SUV they have in the pipeline a year or so from now is of the same standard I think I could be interested. Can definitely see these cars being a big success for Lotus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭goochy

is it made in the UK and is there much Lotus envolvment ?

It’s made in China. Lotus are owned these days by Geely, same people who own Volvo

Advertisement