Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar PV on a Flat Roof - Working width

Options
  • 20-04-2023 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi.

Would appreciate some advice.

What flat roof width would be required for a landscape run of 3 No. 1.7m panels? I want to be SEAI grant compliant.

And separately, if I put in parapets on both sides, would this affect the roof width required?

Many thanks,

William

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Could anyone give me a steer on this? What I'm hoping to hear is a roof width of 6.1m inclusive of parapets! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭DC999

Can't recall the gap from the edge. The SEAI site should have it under the solar grant section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Gerry

The edge gap is 500mm from memory so yes, but I was looking at pitched roof at that time. You should get the full document from seai site and confirm.

Thanks DC999 and Gerry. I found the SEAI doc and the 500mm appears correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭DC999

You'll get 5 in width then as 1m wide. And you have 6.1m width you said.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

More like 1.1m

The Longis I have are 1.135m + 20mm for the clamps, that's pushing you down to 4 if trying to stay within the Seai grant specs

But if it was done after the grant is cleared you would fit 5 no bother.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Much appreciated.

Advertisement