Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone got BMS 16S4P Config

• 08-04-2023 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi All

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 16S4P config including BMS? 16 of my 64 cells have arrived and I want to plan a 16S4P config.

Will the Neey active balancer work here? I sourced one cheaply when stocking up on accessories originally.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I don't have a diagram but it is pretty straight forward.

In a 16s1p the positive is connected to the negative of the next cell,

Bms is wired with a wire on the main negative, and then every positive. You can check this with a multimeter, and step up the cells, eg 3.3v, then 6.6, 9.9 and so on and so forth.

With a 4p each "cell" is now a set of 4 cells paralleled together, (positive to positive, negative to negative)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Just upgraded mine by another 16 cells yesterday to 16s3p so I drew out a diagram, as with @graememk comment above you just need to have 4 parallel where I have 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

I see you have 3 busbars from cell pack 8 to 9. Only have the one on my 16s2p pack. Anyone else run extra? Think I have extra busbar knocking around somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Big Lar

@irishchris Its actually only one even thou the sketch shows 3, I used flattened 3/4" copper pipe for that connection so its a nice lump of metal.

Advertisement