Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis V Growatt

Options
  • 29-03-2023 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all 

Getting panels on the roof next month 18 x jinko 415w in a SE direction. Need everyone's opinion have a choice of inverters solis (RHI-5K-48ES-5G) or growatt (5000TL-XH). Will have hot water diverter so I'm thinking whatever inverter I go with will ķinda make that decision. Keep everything the same brand?

Keen to hear from people with one of these installed 

Don't really see much on the forum about growatt hot water diverter?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

The solis is a hybrid (ie you can connect a battery to it), but the growatt looks like a straight inverter.

Is the hot water diverter an eddi?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

The tlx is the straight string inverter but the tlxh is the hybrid version far as I know. I'm also looking at getting a growatt but only the tlx version.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 smithy1982

Hi

from what i believe the growatt is hybrid but it only talks to a growatt battery.

im interested how both inverters do the same thing growatt even has a better rating for the amount of panels it can handle 10kw.

but yet its physically a good bit smaller. Are they different technology.

i dont have a hot water diverter yet that has to be decided aswell weather its a eddi or a groboost?

Has anyone any experience with the two interfaces which has more control.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jonason

For Growatt inverters,TL-X means it's on-grid inverter,you are allowed to export to the grid.TL-XH is hybrid inverter,you can extend to a battery system anytime if you want,no need to install a battery at the very begining

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jonason

Using the same brand will help avoid arguing in case of any quality issues with the product.

• Advertisement
Advertisement