Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Amazon got no shame? I just seen one of there delivery drivers delivering a package today.

Options
  • 17-03-2023 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,719 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Disgraceful. They should have had the day of.

Amazon is a terrible Company.

I will never buy from Amazon.

They should be ashamed.

What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,462 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

And they weren't even wearing green!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StreetLight

The world doesn't stop just because it's Saint Patrick's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭eggy81

Was delighted to get my package off them today. Very unexpected. Great service I suppose you could say. But yeah you’d think they’d have the day off alright. But then lots of people work bank holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I'd be of the opinion that deliveries should be made 7 days a week.

OP, why do you think they shouldn't be delivering today?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

None of their drivers are employees, all are contractors and self employed. I would assume this means that they get to pick when they want to work.

Terrible work practice none the less. I once had a parcel delivered on a Sunday at 8pm. Personally I would prefer if they had an option not to deliver during stupid times like that.

Also no different to how Centra or Spar are now opened during Christmas Day. But then again, people who want to work take those shifts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭amacca

As if a massive company experiences shame

Basically the game is do whatever it takes to make profits and attempt to increase profits doing whatever you get away with only until the backlash from any **** practices you engage in threatens those profits

That's the only real "emotion" a company/organism/collective at that scale might experience.......

It's a runaway train at scale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Have you been in to a shop today OP? Maybe you went to a petrol station to fill the tank? Or into a supermarket for groceries? Amazon aren't the only company operating today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I passed a church earlier and the poor priest wasn't given the day off. I am outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Absolute disgrace OP.

We should also give our nurses, gardai, soldiers, fire and prison service staff the day off as well. The country has absolutely no shame making them work. 😂

You can set days \ times when you can 'accept' deliveries as a delivery instruction on your address via your Amazon profile e.g. delivery monday-friday only.

Not sure how well honoured those instructions are though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭growleaves

The driver might have asked for that shift and taken a day off on a different day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

i agree OP - fk em coming on a BH

every now and then one hopes it's a day when they can have a S&S (or other fings 😂) in comfort, w/o worrying about callers coming to t'door 😒

on a bank holiday ! the baxtards !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I bought stuff in two separate shops today.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm working today.

How come nobody has started a thread for me???

In other news, is this the first thread started by the OP that doesn't start with "So, "?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭AxleAddict

Maybe they should turn the boards.ie servers off for the day - surely all those poor wee electrons deserve a wee rest every now and then....

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I was once told by a Tesco delivery driver that he prefers making deliveries at the weekend because the traffic is lighter (we were just chatting casually about such things, so it was unprompted on both sides).

As others have mentioned, couriers/delivery drivers etc. can be self-employed and it may suit them better to work on holidays, weekends, or in the evenings.

How about we all mind our own beeswax and let people live their own lives without being judgemental?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

hijack the van at gunpoint and burn it 1980’s Belfast style

that will learn him to never disregard our sacred celebrations

• Registered Users Posts: 15,719 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

No I have not been to any of them places today and if I ran the Country St Patrick's day would be a national holiday. The only people working would be health staff because well you can not stop stupid and they would be paid extra for the day. Firefighters would be on standby and Garda only as needed.

So there'd be no parade then? Or pubs open? Or music \ sports venues?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,719 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I was rudely interupted last Sunday by an Amazon van. I was still in my pajamas with no makeup on or hair done as I was literally only up so I waited till he was gone and opened the door to take the package but he then came back for some reason but sorry I was not opening that door even if the Earth ended. So after a while he got the message and went on his merry way. The jist of the story do not deliver to my house on a Sunday.

Post edited by AMKC on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

modern life is rubbish !!

narys the day off nowadays from the bs - even for da workshy like me what just wants to left tf alone 😁 😪 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Do you think that the Amazon driver gives the shiniest shite if you're in your pjs, a ballgown or stark staring nude, or if you're done up fit to go on RuPaul or have a nuclear-green facepack on????

The man was just trying to do a job.

You weren't "rudely interested" (or "rudely interrupted", even) - you had ordered something for delivery, and it was being delivered.

FFS 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

It is.

I do understand there was an ever so slight a drizzle out. Could catch their death.

I'll cancel my wedding if it was a day like today. Horrendous expectations to work on such an important day. Animal employers.

If off licences have to close until 16:00 in dcc(voluntarily of course), then damn them vintners not jumping in a van and not delivering something you ordered!

Worlds gone mad I tells you!

How does someone get rudely interested??

If it was up to you, every pub in the country would be closed on one of its busiest days. I think we are safe from having you in power, as the vintners lobby wouldn't allow you get elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

Yeah those delivery instruction isn't going to prevent the automated scheduling system from marking them to be shipped out. They are pretty much useless I can tell you, during Covid I had it marked for them to ring the bell and leave it in the porch, but they always ran the bell anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Yes I understand adulting can be hard sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

If you work in a supermarket, pub, hotel, convenience store, takeaway, petrol station or bookies you had to work today. If I had a job I'd happily work it as I no longer drink.

Some fella who owns a strip of businesses near my house is digging up the land around it to build onto it, and has been jackhammering and running a digger every day the past two weeks starting at 8 am.

And he was at the same craic today. That was taking the wee IMO but they did knock off early it seems unlike the other days it went on til half 6

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Do you not remember the outrage the last time it was turned off. Poor Beasty would not survive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭eggy81

Advertisement