Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Open 2023

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

GOLDFINGER!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Christ that has to be one of the biggest surprises in pdc history.

Not taking anything from Gilding, he's been class since winning back his tour card last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Delighted for him.

Don’t particularly like watching him as I think darts should be more fluid but he’s tenacious and has comeback very well

Also good for darts to have new faces winning tournaments

well done 👏

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

I think goldfinger was as shocked as the rest of us.

Fair play, winning his first major at 52.

I'm two years his junior. There's hope for me still.

Just need to raise my average by 50 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭US3

Gilding for the premier league next year 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Delighted for Gilding. I remember the epic semi-final he has against MvG in the 2015 UK Open where he averaged 108. He kinda disappeared for a while but has been playing good stuff the last two years. Brilliant to see someone win their first major at 52 and it's great for the sport to have new winners.

UK Open is such an enjoyable tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭TipsyMcStagge

Delighted for Gilding he seems like such a nice down to earth bloke. TBF he's 38 in the world at the minute and has been doing well on the floor in the last year he hasn't come from nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

As a major winner, he'll deserve a spot more than some of the players that will be picked.

Advertisement