If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.
Hello all! This is just a quick reminder to ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere.

Engineering sign-off removal of internal load-bearing wall

  • 02-02-2023 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ sjapok

    Hi. I plan to knock an internal load-bearing wall in my house to make the kitchen/living room more open plan.

    I see from the threads here that it's advisable to have an engineer oversee the work and provide a certification or "sign off" on the work done.

    My question is what service should I be ensuring the engineer provides (e.g. drawings, supervision of the work, sign-off at end) and also what would their sign-off be called and what should I look to be included in it?