Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 3rd. February 2023 - Eurosong 2023!

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭HBC08

I've no time for Johnny Rotten,he's an eejit and a sh1te singer,I met him twice and he's a grade A prick aswell.His singing was an embarrassment. Alzeimers is something close to my heart but that song was dire,the performance even worse .The Sex pistols were the most over rated band of all time.

Having said that PIL are a good band and the judging panel were a joke.The only one on it id heard of were jedward,that's says a lot.

Wild Youth probably the best of the night, any way you look at it thought we're not getting past semis,Marty will be disproportionately gutted again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Wild Youth probably the best of the night

or the most middle-of-the-road bland feel-good pop? the first singer, who came last in the vote, would have more chance of getting out of the semi-finals

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

So here we are again ... what's another year? ... yet another one at the bottom of the heap it seems with the song they picked ... the worst song of the night ...

That type of song could be likened to a pandemic ... the same sound has taken over pop, country, folk ... that type of song is too common in Ireland and will not stand out at the Eurovision ... what is scary is Tubridy thinks it will win ... it is the dominance of this type of song is why we never win anymore !!

RTE got to learn that the days of Louis Walsh band knockoffs and imitation Ronan Keatings are well over outside of their canteen ... enough is enough of this never ending boyband factory ...

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

... this type of song defines modern pop, modern so called 'country' and modern so called 'folk' ... that type of song is why Ireland has not done well at Eurovision ... I know Eurovision is not exactly the place to go to find good music but Ireland's bland imitation Louis Walsh band knockoffs and wannabe Ronan Keatings are the worst of the worst in that competition ...

Let's face it ... Wild Youth are representing us because they were pals of their idols Niall Horan and Westlife ... they are pushed by RTE to keep the boyband style alive ... RTE are the best friend of boybands and ex boyband singers remember ... the other 5 songs were better than this but I knew the moment I heard it that this Wild Youth would win ... because that is the only style of song RTE are ever interested in pushing be that Eurovision, pop, country or folk ... they have infected all these genres with this pandemic of blandness and at this stage Irish music is in terminal decline ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭elperello

We've come a long way since The Brill Building 🙂

my personal opinion is it’s nice to have an alternative to the standard 4 chord pop that we feel we have to send every year knowing that it won’t get through

I think we should enter primordial next year , however I think they’d do better than a rte chosen act

Advertisement