Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 2FM dead in Dublin?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭RoTelly

I think that might have been a reason to move it to 2FM as it was felt that arts programming had been push even further out into the night time schedule. Arena and Game On should possible take over Ray D'Arcy's shows time slot.

IMO there is too much sports coverage on Radio. Game On and Off the Ball week days, long with hours and hours of it during the weekend schedules on Radio 1 and Newstalk. Seems an over saturation.

Perhaps Arena could move over to 2FM!

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Was in the car earlier and was shopping for some presents so 2FM was on in the shops and I happened upon it in the car, I didn't choose 2fm by selecting the preset button for 2fm... anyway

Lottie Ryan was on to talk about the final of Strickly on the BBC, and then another conversation about it with another person a few minutes later.

They were largely talking about the lowest form of culture.

I know now what HayU is and that I can catch the old cast of The Real Housewives of New York on it ... I'd really question if the demographics of 2FM are interested in either ... oh and the Eurovision.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭squonk

Fair point. RTE really strikes me as a place where the sorts department have run amok at this stage. They get far higher profile than they deserve. The sad thing is that, unlike most other stations, they have very little going on otherwise so it’s easy for them to rely on sports. ,

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ryangontv

I honestly think Gold would be great on FM, in Mayo there isn't much choice for that sort of programming, 3 of the stations on the band (2FM, Today FM and iRadio) play the same couple of songs! If your lucky sometimes you get Classic Hits depending on where you are in the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Yeah, you'd pick up CH near the Galway border I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 ryangontv

Yeah 104.9 from Tonabrocky, I live up high so I can get it fine, but the moment you enter the town it slowly fades out.

Advertisement