Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build in Rathangan - Millview

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 oshin rajakumar

@TIERNEY89 my husband and I have paid deposit for a house in Mill vote development to David Doyle and would like the have access to the Facebook group if possible. Could you please accept my request 😀

We visited the development this Saturday. Number 1-9 looks very completed. My house will be ready by end of May so I would love to have a look at the conversation on the fb group please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

I assume you are a first time buyer.

Best advice I ever got was not to buy a couch or other large pieces of furniture until you have lived in the house for a few weeks.

Borrow a couch or pick up some cheap chairs and then uses blankets to mimic the size of couches you are looking at.

L shape rarely works unless it's a very large room

• Registered Users Posts: 9 P.E.K.K.A

Looking into buying there myself, having an option to pay for a deposit and go for it but I just needed to get all the basics down before going for it..

I really wanted to know since I'm working from home if a good Internet connection is available with fast installation times, good schools/creches for kids, a near hospital for emergencies and any stories about anti-social behavior and the likes.

I'm going to be leaving Dublin so it will be a massive change in quality-of-life services-wise and what's available and what's not.

Any info someone can provide?

Disclaimer: I did my research but it will take a while to get things pinned down accurately in terms of what's there and their reputation/reviews and while I want to continue doing my research, I could get another set of information from this forum if I'm lucky enough. Thanks in advance anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pato11

Hi P.E.K.K.A

I don't know the answer to all your questions. I also plan to work from home most of the time. I understand from people who moved into other developments that the internet is decent. I plan to get fiber internet myself but I don't know about the installation time. I tried to test my phone coverage in the development as I might need to rely on 5g until I get broadband, and the coverage was good.

I don't have kids but I know there are several schools in the area but have no info.

Re anti-social behavior, never heard of any, and people in the area seem to be nice. I personally think it is way safer than many other areas I was considering.

I haven't moved in yet but hopefully in the next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 P.E.K.K.A

Thank you, I went over there yesterday and took a look at the estate there, seems like a quiet beautiful area. I then went and paid a deposit.

Guess we need to hope for the best, but everything seems nice from what I'm hearing and seeing so far.

I saw a lot of students roaming around at 2 pm, no one seemed to be causing trouble or weird behavior like Dublin's.

In Dublin students are beating each other as they're walking, always beat and run and weird behavior, that seems reassuring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Cris009

Hi, we moved in a month ago and everything looks great inside the house, the storage situation could be better however the area is nice and quiet witch is a relief compared to our previous place next to M7. We were able to get 1Gb fiber Internet in 2 weeks , my wife works from home and she said she had no issues with the internet so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nicole23

Hey everyone, glad came across this forum as don't have fb. Would appreciate any feed back in regards to when snagged your home? Was there any major issues or many items on your snag list to be done?

We viewed our home recently and found many repairs that need to be completed. Did anyone else have this issue? And if so we're they resolved quickly and to your satisfaction?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Hi Nicole,

We moved in a month ago, snagging did bring up some things but there where sorted within a week or two. The foreman seems to be pretty good at getting things sorted.

Advertisement