Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Elopement/Small Wedding Abroad

• 24-01-2023 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some help. My fiancé and I are planning an Elopement. We would love some recommendations on European destinations that we could legally get married in.

We are also exploring the option of bringing just our immediate families which would work out as 20 people plus the two of us.

Would love to hear from people who have done similar to either scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dmac01

im thinking of this too, we dont want a fuss, just get married somewhere abroad, anyone any good ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭Fiona

I have no advice on doing it abroad but myself and my husband did the registry office in Dublin and stayed in the Merrion Hotel for the night just the two of us and it was an amazing experience, the hotel could not have done enough for us!

Elopements rock!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

This sounds nice!

Las Vegas is very efficient and easy fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭Fiona

I have never been to Vegas, my uncle lives there I should go and visit him ha!

But that said I have always had the mick taken out of me from my friends and family for my love of tack so I was determined that my (second!) wedding would be a very classy affair and The Merrion did not disappoint!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭iniscealtra

We did a small wedding in Ireland. Just didn’t invite anyone til it was all organised and booked two months before. Small hotel with a limited amount of rooms in the countryside. Worked well as no pressure could be put on us. Done and dusted when then invites were sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

We went to Copenhagen - just us and our kids and it was magical. Everything was so easy to organise. I'd completely recommend it for a location wedding.

Advertisement