Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin 360 Box HD/4K?

Options
  • 19-01-2023 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

I've had a Virgin 360 Box with Sky Sports & Cinema HD VTV 360 for a while. I've noticed lately however that the HD picture quality is not as good is it used to be, particularly with the Sky Sports HD channels. I certainly don't appear to be getting a 4k picture. The 360 Box doesn't seem to pass through a full 4k picture or Dolby Vision and Atmos sound, whereas when I access say Netflix directly through my Sony Bravia smart TV app I can get full Dolby Vision and Atmos for such content (I have the suitable hardware). I've played around with the picture settings on the 360 settings, but couldn't improve it.

I wonder if other Virgin users are experiencing this. I'm contemplating switching to Sky Sports via Now TV, or even switching to Sky completely. I wonder if the picture on Sky would be better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Virgin Media Ireland don't carry any 4k channels. They have one show available in 4k on demand.

Any chance your only paying for Sky Sports & Cinema SD and not HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

I'm definitely paying for the Sky Sports and Cinema HD package because I have both SD and HD channels.

Thanks for the info about the 4k. However, my impression is that the HD picture isn't as good as it was, say about a year or two ago, especially on the HD sports channels. It's as if they are compressing the signal a lot to save bandwidth.

Should I have the picture on the 360 Box as 1080p?

I've read about it on other forums I think I'll contact Virgin to see what they say about it.

Advertisement