Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apology in Sunday Times re Neil Francis article

Options
  • 15-01-2023 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

The Irish edition of the Sunday Times has today published an abject apology for an article by Neil Francis published last week. The article dealt with Francis’ days as a student in Blackrock College and in particular two former classmates of his.

It turns out that what Francis said about one of those classmates was wildly incorrect.

I read the article last week and I found it uncomfortable as it was far from clear whether Francis had informed the families of the classmates that they would be written about in such sensitive detail. I think, given what we now know, it is safe to assume that the families were not notified, and what is more, the family of Mr Andreucetti had to read horribly incorrect ‘facts’ about his life and death. How can the editor of the ST justify remaining in her position after this appalling mistake?

Comments

Advertisement