If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Can you get your home kitchen fsai certified of you have a solid fuel range?

  • 12-01-2023 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

    I know for small businesses, you can get your kitchen inspected and certified prior to selling home baked goods (I presume by the fsai, although not certain on that). Will they certify if you have a solid fuel range or is that a no no?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭phormium

    Good question! It's the HSE and the local Enviromental Health Officer, EHO, that comes out and inspects and certifies. The requirements are often discussed on several of the Baking pages on FB but I have never seen that question asked oddly enough! A call to your local EHO would answer the question and the rules can vary from area to area which shouldn't be the case but it is.