Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entire Wedding Venue

• 05-01-2023 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

First time on this and recently got engaged. We're looking for a venue that is able to accommodate around 100 for the wedding meal but also able to accommodate all the guests (or at least the majority) in bedrooms or accommodation in the ground too. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Homer

Rough location will help narrow down suggestions unless you are looking nationwide?

Clonabreany House in Meath springs to mind, but you don't give a desired location.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭crisco10

The keadeen in newbridge is amazing, I got married there recently and I can confirm:

wedding ceremony- amazing

drinks reception- amazing

dinner - amazing

party - amazing

the wedding coordinators were top class , and all the staff made us feel very special.

for a wedding of 100 you would fit in their “garden room” which is very scenic

Lough Rynne in Mohill, Co Leitrim is also one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

We got married in Ashley Park House near Nenagh and it covered all those bases for us! It holds about 100 exactly from memory

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Adare Manor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 answ78

Hi all, thanks for the suggestions. Happy with looking nationwide as we're not too restricted on location. Looking for that every elusive something different rather than the standard generic ballroom with all the frills.

We've been to see Waterford Castle last weekend and going to see Boyne Hill House and Markree Castle this weekend so be interested in any comments / experiences people may have had from them.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 answ78

Tired them but they were a minimum 150 for a Saturday which is over our number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Homer

Just as they are in my rough area and I would rate them very highly and are exclusive venues I would recommend Ballymagarvey Village, Clonabreany House and my favourite The Millhouse in Slane

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I went to a wedding in Waterford Castle and stayed in a lodge there. It's a fair walk from the castle, tbh. You wouldn't be casually wandering back to your room to go to the loo or change your shoes. It's a lovely venue but only a handful of rooms in the castle itself so he majority would be in lodges. the advantage is it's a whole private island.

What about Tinakilly in Wicklow? Went to a wedding there a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I'm not totally sure if you get the entire venue, but it's worth checking.

Castle Durrow in Laois might be another?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

If your looking for something a bit different - this is class :

Mount Druid ⋆ Alternative Wedding Venue @ Mount Druid

"Tin" church on the grounds, drinks reception in the boat house followed by the meal and dancing in the barn - really enjoyable day.

Collection of caravans, yurts and shepherds huts for guest accommodation.

Attended a wedding there and it made for a really great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I was just at a wedding in Boyne Hill House. Lovely venue. Gorgeous grounds & the house is great. However it doesn't accommodate everyone on site. I think there was 150 at the wedding I was at & while a lot were staying on site, a good chunk of the guests were staying in nearby accommodation. That said, I wouldn't let that put you off. I stayed in a b&b down the round & it was very handy & no bother. Plus, honestly, a lot cheaper than staying on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

My financee rally wanted something different from a hotel wedding so we've viewed a few places recently in the south east. The main two I would recommend are:

1) I'd highly recommend you check out Ballykealey House in Carlow which is where my financee and I booked. https://ballykealeyhouse.com/weddings/the-venue/

Our main reason for booking was that we loved the overall grounds, feel of the place but also how close the lodge accommodation was to the main house. They can accommodate up to 105 people in total in the house/lodges. The staff we've dealt with so far have all been great as well and they've several Wedding Packages available to consider.

Note: I should add depending on the time of the year and packages they have minimum numbers I think the highest was 130 during the peak months so may not be suitable if that's when you're looking to get married but I'd definitely recommend it as a consideration.

2) There's Borris House then also in Carlow as well: https://borrishouse.ie/ the lady we dealt with there, Sharon, is exceptional we thought when we we went to view it and we'd have loved to have worked with her. However we went with BallyKealey house over Borris in the end as we preferred Ballykealey as a venue overall when viewing and it was also slightly more competitive on price. I can't recall exactly how many they can accommodate off hand but it was less than Ballykealey I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

Balyna House at Moyvalley would also suit your criteria. We got married there and would highly recommend it!

Advertisement