Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Divorce turns a Karen into Megan Fox* - thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The top pic makes her look the same as the wans who'd ride you on the bonnet of a car out the back of Supermacs and text you 8 months later saying you've a baby due in a month. I hate that look. And it's so popular, I just don't understand it. She'll end up spending loads to continue looking like every barbie doll wannabe before and after her.

Granted, the second pic doesn't do her much justice either, but I'd run from the top one. Not that I'd have a choice either way.

TBF, I never had a barbie doll that looked like that...

Ah modern Barbie doll, basically every single woman who looks like or similar to that. Which is a lot. I call them Barbie dolls because they all look the same, as if you were browsing the doll section in Smyths.

Is Barbie still popular, or is that why they're doing a live action movie to renew her popularity? I dunno.

Also, she didn't look like Barbie before, so just the clothes and style changed, and ah.....

(Disclaimer, I have no idea if these are Barbie dolls - all dolls that look like this are Barbie to me)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I think it’s the Bratz doll look rather than Barbie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭JoChervil

This lady "protests too much" for me. All these tattoos and piercings are completely unnecessary. For me she is much more insecure in the first pic. Even her shielding pose - she feels very vulnerable. A friend of mine got a tattoo on her arm, when she needed strength, so I think it might be similar in her case.

Her poses and lighting also matters. If she smiled in the first pic, she would look less attractive because her cheeks would be fuller. I can easily choose two pics of me from the same evening, in which I look ways apart. So I think she chose the best from her new her and the worst from her old her.

But her previous hairstyle OMG. Maybe it was a wig?

I am afraid she is in the middle of her process of transformation, so she will end up completely plastic soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

“Shielding pose”? She is covering a fat roll that even a skinny person would have sitting in this pose. It’s all carefully orchestrated

She already had some of the tattoos in the other photo, they're just hidden (if you look at her tik tok you'll see them).

I think the previous hairstyle is real but very "set" and backcombed. She mentioned her hair was damaged and breaking so that might be why it looks so fake.

I actually think she's just getting to know herself and will probably find a middle ground as she gets older. Bare in mind she's only 27, which you wouldn't think from the before photo. I've watched a few of her videos and that's the impression I get. could be way off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭screamer

We can only guess here as to her real motivations, finally being who she wants to be? Trying to show her ex what he’s missing? Trying to be attractive? Full of confidence? Totally lacking confidence and trying to cover it up? Personally, neither of her looks are attractive one frumpy one fucky, she could do a lot better with herself than that, but sure so long as she’s happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

She met her ex at 17, got married and had 2 kids, she's just going through the experimental stage that 17 year olds should go through 10 years later.

If she toned down the 'skank factor' she'd look very beautiful now, but then that look is very popular now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,723 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks a trashy mess in photo 1 imho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

She is probably just trying to hide her finger tips

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

She has an attractive face before and after. I don't like her outfit choice/style in either. Her hair before is awful, but not great after and the colour also looks a bit harsh.

But I'm a hetero woman so I guess my opinion is moot.

Work done, I'd say lip fillers, veneers, cheek fillers. Then for the grooming, hair extensions, hair dye, fake tan, eyebrows microbladed, eyelash extensions, and a whole heap of make up.

What does the 444 necklace mean I wonder?

Ehh Google says it's an "angel number". 😆

Wouldn't have guessed it on the cheek filler, that could be just good makeup IMO (also a woman here!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Good for her. She looks her age now and a lot more confident. In the 'before' pic she looks middle aged which I've never seen a 27 year old to look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,517 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Karen.

Your mysogenism is showing.

Hate the concept of a Karen.

Male equivalent is applauded 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭bb1234567

She just had the stereotypical karen haircut. It ain't that deep

What would be the male equivalent?

I was just looking at the hair TBH.

• Advertisement

We'll maybe not in this context but I hate the whole 'karen' thing'.....I know loads of men and women who complain about bad service or whatever and sometimes theyre...

dead right and sometimes they're just being a ****...but the Karen thing annoys me..

Honestly....because ..it's sexiest.

And truly that's why it annoys me.

But Ken is the male version of Karen. It's a moniker, nothing more. It's just a name to group these people who get upset at the slightest of things and feel the need to inform everyone else, usually through attention grabbing shouting, roaring, "educating" all to make a scene. Genuine complaints are genuine. People pushing their opinions as the only one are Karens and Kens.

Just so happens that there's a lot more Karens than Kens, as a Ken is only a Ken until he gets physical, then it's a different thing altogether. Karens/Kens are all mouth usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,313 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Did you read the article ? She refers to her old hairstyle as a Karen hairstyle

Wtf are you on about?

The whole Karen thing is a sexist don't know what of shyte. That's what it it is lol 😆 There's a whole load of people who'll make complaints...and some are valid and fair **** to them and others who'll take the piss and it's doesn't matter whether they are blokes or women..(😂😂)

I'll laugh at some of the Karen jokes but don't get me wrong....there's blokes are Karens too and so what...most of the time they're genuine people who have valid complaint or whatever.

I just feel like it's too easy to call a woman a Karen because women aren't viewed as assertive and can't have valid complaints without being seen as crazy over the top but there is no real ken..there's a reason why Karen is a bigger joke than Ken.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

I thought my post was pretty clear myself... I don't consider it sexist. It's just an easy way of identifying a dose that we can thus avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭quokula

She's in her late 20s and from those photos it looks like she's gone from trying to look like she's in her 50s to trying to look like she's a teenager 🤷‍♂️

But they're a couple of photos that were published for the sake of a story that were probably hand picked and posed for maximum effect and who are we to judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭maninasia

She looks awful with the nose ring and horrible tats

But you are aware that there are real people with such names?

I had a look at her other social media photos/videos and it's all pretty similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

The weird hairline in both pictures make her look like an alien.

Advertisement