Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good quality gift shop in Dublin

• 20-12-2022 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

My wife and I are both from abroad and we’re going to spend our first non-lockdown Christmas in Ireland (we usually go to either mine or her country for the holidays). We’re going to spend Christmas night at a friend’s sister’s place and we are now looking for some presents to make. Since we don’t know these people very well, we were thinking of getting them something nice but not too expensive. Is there a shop in Dublin with nice gift ideas (we genuinely have nothing specific in mind) where we could just walk in and be inspired?

Thanks in advance! ☺️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,792 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Other posters may have better / less mainstream suggestions but there is Kilkenny on Nassau Street if stuck.

https://www.kilkennyshop.com/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I was going to suggest Kilkenny too. They have a great range to suit all budgets really.

House of Ireland is down further on corner of Dawson street (well it was it's been a few years since I was there) it has similar stock but much smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,775 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

there's one list from just a quick Google.

I can vouch for Irish Design Shop on Dury Street (although I haven't been in it for a good while), and I have heard great things about April and The Bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LucianBelmau

Thank you all! Kilkenny is quite handy for me so I might pop in later today. I'll also check out the ones HeidiHeidi mentioned. I'll let you know how it goes ;)

Advertisement