Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice re Guitar pedal board

• 17-12-2022 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭

People of boards,

I hope ye are all well. Looking for some advice and feel free to move if there is a more appropriate forum..the young lad has been playing electric guitar for a few months and has heard there is a pedal board that can be got that contains presets for the sounds of the guitar from various well known songs etc.

I have Bose one myself from many years ago that would have a number of presets as well as ability to use various effects on the guitar but doesn't have presets for popular songs.

I am not even sure if a budget of 150 to 200 is feasible either but any advice greatly appreciated.

Post edited by The Master on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

I have a POD XT. in fact i have a spare as well! ebay for under £150

lots of programability and there are forums online where you can download all sorts of presets etc.

crazy, but if you have a variax modelling guitar, it can control that too.

Great bit of kit!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

There's a lot of options that you could go for here. Something like the GT-1 https://www.thomann.de/ie/boss_gt_1_guitar_multi_fx_pedal.htm would have reasonably good sounds, and can be used with headphones or larger amps if he keeps playing. Similarly the Zoom if you want to go a bit more budget https://www.thomann.de/ie/zoom_g1x_four_multi_effect_pedal.htm

They won't have presets for songs built in (for the most part) but there are plenty of forums that should have settings you can dial in to get particular sounds for songs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Only unit I know of that has actual song presets is the Line 6 Pocket Pod. They still make them: got myself a spare one, just in case, but my 14 year old one is still going strong.

It's a good little unit, all presets are editable and tweakable, but it's not floor based. Good for headphone practice, but also works in front of an amp. I tend to just adjust parameters on the fly when it's on my belt.

Advertisement