Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Kirstie Alley has died

• 06-12-2022 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,138 ✭✭✭✭

Famous for Cheers, star trek 2 wrath of Khan and of course Look Who's Talking.

She was 71 and the cause was cancer. Rip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

One of my first crushes as a kid watching Cheers in the early 90s. Sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭thefallingman

She was brilliant in Cheers, what a show that was. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 15,587 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Sorry to hear the sad news. The last time I seen her on screen was in an episode of The Goldbergs. Herself, Rhea Perlman, George Wendt and John Ratzenberger were in it. RIP, Kirstie.

I just remembered she was in North & South. I wasn't even remotely close to being old enough to watch that as a child. I know that theme tune, more than anything.

Post edited by sligeach on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Never really had Cheers growing up. Before my time, I suppose. Watching it now and enjoying it.

RIP.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 19,139 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

She's with L. Ron now

RIP

• Advertisement

Years before Netflix and Amazon Brilliant hitchhiker episode where she is the angel of death in an attempted suicide.

Brilliant.

RIP Kirstie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

RIP Kirstie.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,347 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I always liked her. People will of course remember her for Cheers, Look Who's Talking, or even Star Trek but I remember her from this Gem of a movie, Drop Dead Gorgeous. Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mad to see that she was 71… christ that makes me feel old.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Time flies by and death awaits. I associate her most with Star Trek and North and South, I think she was one of my first childhood (8 years old) celebrity crushes in the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭griffin100

I posted this elsewhere but she was just effortlessly beautiful in Cheers. As a teenage boy I was in love with her.

I know she had some unusual opinions later in life and was an active Scientologist but she was just brilliant in Cheers and Veronicas Closet. The fact she was 71 makes me feel very old.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭BaywatchHQ

I watched the full series of Cheers over the past few months. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me. I think she was much better than Diane, that Sam and Diana saga went on for 2 seasons too long. I also disliked Coach, I didn't find him funny at all but Woody was decent.

George Wendt outlived her and he's been obese for decades.

Advertisement