Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Winter bugs

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Jeebus it never ends! They sure have a nack for timing 🙄. Some insurance policies have online docs/ nurses, if you have one might be worth a shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,248 ✭✭✭✭fits

I’m fairly sure we are just coming out of flu. One boy had a really awful dose. I had him at GP twice to be checked. He’s had it a week now and still getting high temperatures. Awful bug. I gave up work earlier than I intended to cos I’m just exhausted with it now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

All the online doctors booked out for 2 days.The gods were clearly smiling on me, I rang my surgery early this morning and they had a cancellation for this afternoon.Twice in 3 days now, the luck!!Otherwise we would have been going to Affidea walk in or blanch A&e (which is wrong, it is not right to have to go to an A&E for a prescription). I am asking them for a prescription for my third child while in there, so I am not caught out over the next 4 days with him.Mind you, no penicillin available either, so hope alternatives are.

Aw @fits hope he recovers soon.I think we will be hibernating for the next 2 weeks, we are all exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

My 7 year old daughter has a fever now for the fourth day running with blocked nose and a cough, its soul destrying as a parent, if I could take if off her into me I would.

Doc wont see her without a covid test, she absolutely refuses to have the swab anywhere near her. We all had covid last november so its probably not that anyhow. Really wish I had gotten them all the flu spay, hopefully she makes a recovery by the weekend, my heart is broken.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

I hope she is feeling better supercell. My boy had fever for a week before Christmas and lost some weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,815 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

One thing we found useful for the antigen tests was to get the kids to do the swab themselves. Call it a science experiment or something

They don't stick the swab in as far as the instructions say, but their noses are smaller and if they're snotty then it probably doesn't make much difference

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks guys, today is the first day since Sunday she hasnt got a fever. Fingers crossed shes on the mend, sooo relieved.

My elder daughter in fourth class cheerily reported 3 kids puked in class today and 10 others were out.

Guess who isnt going to school tomorrow!!! Last thing her younger sister needs is that brought back home. Madness.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

We also say put it in yourself and do a big blow out your nose while the swab is in there.

No scientific basis for it other than the fact that surely something will get on it that way🤣also kids nostrils are shorter than adults, so they can't really put them in as far as we do.

I won’t test my boy with SEN. Too distressing for him and no real need now anyway

Advertisement