Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's not going well at Boards.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

LOL. Looks like the last resort of banned posters.

It also appears that you have a grudge against Boards. Your browser won’t load it unless you instruct it to, and if you chose not to visit the site I don’t think you’d be missed as much as you feel you would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭satguy

The over moderation here is killing the site.

But the real killer is that some sections have developed their own clique, I have seen them lacerate new posters.

In the end, if you are a new low count poster, you just get put off,, and then the site suffers, and new blood goes elsewhere.. 

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

In fairness its fair sh1t lately

Imagine being so annoyed at a free message board that you'd take time out of your day to leave a negative review on a site like trustpilot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭blackbox

For me the biggest issue is the time it takes for a page to load.

After that its the search feature.

I don't see over moderation - in some areas there isn't enough and things descend into SF vs anti SF.

• Advertisement

I thought it was just me that was having page loading issues. It’s not all the time but frequent enough. Disconnecting from and reconnecting from seems to fix it for a while.

I don’t even bother with the search feature. It’s easier to search the site for keywords using Google.

Is that an admittance that you have multiple accounts at the same time? Maybe you’ve made the multiple bad reviews on Trust Pilot too!

I think I’d be right in saying that you must have posted some loony stuff in the conspiracy theory forum maybe misinformation related to covid vaccines. If true, then pointing out misinformation is not rude.

Ok, so the root of all your problems is that you are interested in debate but not when your misinformation is pointed out. Then you stew on it for X months and Then post here…..right.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

closed

OP you do not meet the criteria for posting in Feedback (as set out in the Forum Charter)

Do not start any more threads here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement