If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Acting Up in Civil Service

  • 01-12-2022 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭


    I've been offered an acting up HEO spot in my department for minimum 6 months according to AP. Just wondering how it works with regards to pay? do I go on point 1 of the HEO scale immediately? I'm only in CS 2 years and most of my colleauges are same so nobody really knows for sure and AP was vague enough too so assume he doesn't really know either! Even googling it, it still isn't exactly clear.



  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

    You will go onto the point closest to your current wage. You cant go onto a lower amount so will move to nearest your EO point.

    Think youll be paid the difference as an acting allowance so your normal EO amount and on your wage slip will be the acting allowance

  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Augme

    I think you also only actually received the money after three months, but it is all back dated from the day you sign the acting up contract.

  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭Gusser09

    I thought acting up roles had been done away with a long time ago.

  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Kirbi

    I think this may be the circular that applies -

    Although I can't see mention of the 3 month wait, and Augme's definitely right about that.

  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

    i think the acting up is only payable now for doing the job for over three months, it used to be a month before. if anyone would have a copy of the newer circular, it's probably specified in there?

  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

    a search for "acting up allowance 84 days" will bring up some circulars, however they seem to be issued by specific departments rather than a general one for the civil service.