Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Form 11 help

• 15-11-2022 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Basic info, I am a PAYE worker so have never dealt with this stuff before.

I took a pension lump sum from a UK pension last year and so i have to file an income tax return (Form 11)

I did attempt to fill it in but it also populates with my PAYE income. This, I think, is what is causing my problem.

On the calculation it says my liability is more than the lump sum received. I am clearly doing something wrong. Any advice appreciated as i did put in an online query with revenue a month ago and still no reply. Concerned about penalties really.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Are you sure you must complete a Form 11?

The Form 12 for PAYE workers is much easier/shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

When i contacted revenue that what they said.

Might have a look at form 12 and see will that work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Xander10

It does seem like you have entered something wrong but impossible to say what without sight of computation, which of course is private.

Look at the calculation page on ROS Form 11. Tick that income total is correct, eg nothing entered twice and then look and see if all credits are allocated, eg PAYE credit for PAYE income, married persons credit if due etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

The only Value i personally entered was the lump sum value in the "Amount of all other Pensions" for self on the Foreign income page.

When i get to the IT self assessment page all the PAYE stuff is in there but the box for "Amount of income or profits arising for this period" has a figure greater than My Gross pay + my Wifes Gross pay plus the lump sum. It then calculates based on that figure.

I thought this was going to be easy. Add the value of the lump sum and it spits out what i owe, clearly not.

I am way over my head, going to keep trying to get them on the phone or hopefully they see my question in MyEnquiries and come back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Xander10

The amount of total income shouldn't be higher. Is it picking up one source twice, eg the UK pension lump sum? Check how much the income is over by and see if you can figure it out from there? You should have nothing under case 1 or case 2 schedule D income in the comp summary

• Advertisement
Advertisement