Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2022 NFL regular season thread - discussion (no picks)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I genuinely think Jalen Carter would be a 'better' pick for the Lions. They've a good tandem in Hutchinson, Okwara and Houston coming off the edge whereas everything about Carter just screams Aaron Donald and exactly the type of player they're looking for.

Not taking anything away from Anderson. He's a top player but I think the Lions would have a bigger need on the interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Probably their last chance to pick so high for the foreseeable future and move on from Goff to a highly rated rookie.

Goff this season has been mostly fine or slightly better but he is never going to be elite or even the level below. Their OC has been fantastic but he might be gone this offseason so you can't presume Goff's play will keep up.

If they feel like one of the QBs in the draft at their pick could be elite they should pull the trigger and get them on a rookie deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was talking a couple of weeks back to a friend whose a Texans fan and he was on about a QB in this draft and I said no. You've got Mills there and he doesn't have a decent receiver, he needs a no. 1 to have any chance to open things up. He also needs a TE.

If you get him those pieces then you'll know what you've got. In the meantime I'd sell the draft picks, that's their own and the Browns, for next year because Caleb Williams is going to be an elite NFL QB and I'd love to have a bunch of first rounders in '24 to go get him.

Last week Sean Payton said exactly the same thing as I'd said a few weeks before as regards being in position to get Williams.

The no.1 pick in the draft will net you a first rounder this year and next, a second rounder this year and a bunch of other picks. If the Browns pick ends up top ten you'll get next year's first and maybe this year's if it's down the board a bit and a couple of other picks as well. It would put you in fantastic shape in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.

I'd be willing to give up on premium talent this year to get Williams in '24.

The Lions are the other team who'd have a chance to do something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Christy42

I think the Lions are far too good to get a sniff at Caleb without trading 3 first round picks. It could happen but I suspect a better offer from a team that can offer better first round picks will come in or most likely the team with the 1.1 takes him. Of course this is all dependent on next year and how Caleb progresses.

A lot of change in the AFC South this week. Matt Ryan reportedly getting benched for Nick Foles and Tannehill is reportedly out for the season. Tough to see Malik doing much in his place but if that defense can hold back a poor Texans offense then Derrick Henry might do the rest.

Mayfield might work out yet, McVay might be the answer.

• Advertisement

This will work out bad for me this week. Bet on the broncos defense across a few fantasy leagues. Broncos defense vs Baker with no real weapons and a struggling o line seemed a slam dunk. Definitely one I want to watch properly when family time is done!

Nathaniel Hackett fired according to reports.

Obviously Russ has been a big issue for them as well but they can't get out of that deal yet.

Some start to the Monday night game. Just over 10 minutes gone it's 0-0 and Foles with two ints and Herbert with one.

Panthers lead the Bucs, if they beat them they take the lead in the NFC South.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Please God let them bench fields, he's had these dodgy hamstrings for weeks and he is getting sacked constantly. What do we stand to gain from seeing more of him at this stage? As a fan, looking at the possibility of first pick, a very strong chance of second, and the probably of a fifth or sixth pick if we happen to rob a victory, which would be "gained" at the risk of injuring the QB of the future, I have to wonder what the hell we're even doing here, the coaches jobs are not on the line here. Playing fields behind that o line should constitute malpractice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Thibadeaux is a scumbag anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The eagles having started undefeated and then having a slump had to win one game from three to clinch the NFC east and the 1 seed and now they need to beat the giants in week 18. Jesus. Gardner Minshew is awful.

Just shows how important Jalen Hurts is to them. Kinda nearly makes his case for MVP stronger while not playing.

I don't think he got flagged for that. If there was ever unsportsmanlike conduct that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The fact that no colts linesman took an ejection to drop a knee on him tells me where that groups mind is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah it's amazing the o line cold stand around looking at that and do nothing. No pride at all.

Agree that the Colts players should have got involved but so should the officials.

This night game is real tough football. It's 13-3 to the Ravens but should be 9-3. Ravens got a ridiculous penalty called against the Steelers for unnecessary roughness real late in the second quarter, it was 4th down coming up. That penalty resulted in a touchdown instead of a field goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Jags Titans moved into the late Saturday (1.15am Sunday our time) slot which is nice.

Raiders Chiefs at 9.30pm Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

The Ravens can go f*ck themselves until John f*cking Harbaugh is sacked.

Bills Bengals postponed to a later date after Bills' safety Damar Hamlin collapsed on the field. Players were crying and everything, it doesn't look good. I hope he recovers from whatever happened.

• Advertisement

Cardiac arrest the reason this happened. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just seeing the news now, have been off grid with a phone issue. Absolutely shocking. This sort of thing happening in professional sport always freaks me out, can't imagine how his family, team-mates and everyone else associated with him are feeling.

Absolutely. Obviously some underlying issue there that the hit and playing just managed to kick off. There is a lot we have done in medicine but there is also a lot we don't know about how we are built and what can go wrong when even if most others would be fine.

It was a nothing hit and definitely not his fault but you have to imagine Tee Higgins must feel rotten as well.

The Titans collapse is complete. Led all the way tonight but still came away with the loss. From 7-3 to 7-10 to end the season. We gotta look at Tanehill being missing, I've never really rated him but he was the missing piece on that offense which only scored 20 points once when he wasn't there.

I don't massively rate him either but I would consider him starter level, just not the starter you want for your team. 0-7 to finish surprised me, you would expect 1 in there from that squad especially as Tannehill was in for some of those games.

I think with Vrabel and that team they just needed decent level QB play to make them at least competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That Hines KO return TD is one of the most goose-bump inducing moments I have ever seen.

3 months and 3 days since the Bills last had one too. Mental.

Packers out. I wonder has Aaron Rodgers taken his last snap in Green Bay. I have a strong feeling that he has.

Rumours of Tom Brady moving on from Tampa, wouldn't be at all surprised to see Rodgers replace him there. He'd love having a receiving corp with Evans and Godwin and whoever else.

It was weird and good but it really hurt as a Patriots fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Tampa are set up to have serious cap issues next year so unless Rodgers decides to take a tiny salary I dont think it has much chance.

Tampa went all in a few years in a row with Brady, they likely have to take their medicine and rebuild rather than trying to go again with the likes of Rodgers, especially if it means giving up cheap draft picks

• Advertisement

I forgot they were in cap hell next year. No chance he goes there but there's plenty of interesting landing spots.

I just can't see him staying with the Packers. It's pretty clear he doesn't get on with Le Fleur. Taking a QB when he needed a receiver and then not paying DeVante have really soured the relationship between them.

Advertisement