Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A Million Ways to Lose in the West (Conn v Lein)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster really need to convert all this dominance into points. The game should be out of sight right now, but instead we're giving Connacht a huge chance.

Discipline hurting us here, lineout needs to settle. Good game so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

We’re keeping Connacht in this. Handing possession back through cheap turnovers and silly penalties again and again. We should be 2 scores ahead and in control. Instead we’re clinging on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭cson

The handling on both sides very poor even allowing for the conditions.

I don't think so, Connacht had a poor opening 5 minutes but arguably have been the better side in the 25 since, but nothing on the scoreboard despite I think 4 (?) visits inside the Leinster 22.

• Advertisement

Ringrose is having an excellent game in attack and defence. Shame the last pass isn't sticking.

I think one thing both sets of fans can agree on is that Lenihan is absolutely painful to listen to on commentary, high time RTE retired dinosaurs like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,298 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That was very harsh on Reilly. Leinster were counter rucking so the ball was bobbling about at the back. Murphy gave him a nano second to use it.

Josh Murphy with his hands around VDF's neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Carty acting the prick there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Carty trolling successfully there.

Nearly begged a red card out of it.

The face on Maloney lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Hugh Cahill only dying for Leinster to get bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Furlong penalised but looked like green knee down first, maybe hooker.

Carry was the one who instigated the issue with moloney, was not involved and came in from far out to get involved

Criminal to get put into touch from a lineout in the corner.

Leinster should be far, far ahead in this game. Connacht did well to stymie Leinsters attacks, but the latter should have converted their dominance into points.

They did well to stop Connacht's lineout mauls there though.

You're listening to different commentary than me I guess, Cahill is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

How many penalties is he going to let Leinster away with.

I’m not sure how you can say that Connacht have looked the better team. Their only route into the Leinster 22 is via Leinster penalties. They’re going absolutely nowhere on their phase play. If Leinster were more disciplined I’m not sure they’d have gotten into Leinsters 22 at all. And despite all the entries into the Leinster 22, despite all the Leinster I’ll discipline they’ve come away with nothing.

Leinsters lineout maul has generally been excellent this season.

Problem is actually winning the throw.

• Advertisement

Bar the first 10 minutes I think it’s been fairly even stuff. I don’t really see the overwhelming Leinster domination others seem to be seeing. Not that they won’t go on to win the game comfortably. But it’s been fairly competitive bar the early stages.

I did qualify it with 'arguably' mate 😉

Anyway, I stand by it, Connacht grew into the game and had a lot of red zone chances where the execution wasn't there to finish them and the scoreboard reflects that. Leinster have had their chances too, and have looked good with ball in hand but similar execution issues to Connacht. I find it bizarre to draw attention to the penalties given away, as if discipline is not part of the game? If my aunty had balls and all that.

Wind picking up all the time so advantage Leinster.

Connacht awarded a pen despite their player supporting his weight with his hands and having been cleared out before but was awarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Jesus this is awful

Intriguing enough game for 7 0

I was going to say that was a long advantage and should have been given over but late and looked like no wrap by 4 green. Probably fair enough

I’m saying Connacht aren’t creating anything. With ball in hand they are going nowhere and can only get their attacking opportunities through the penalties that we are giving them. They’ve made 96m with 50% possession. Leinster have made 290m. They have yet to make a clean break. Leinster have made 3. Leinster are keeping them in the game because they aren’t creating anything for themselves.

Someone needs to check that Hansen clear out on VDF.

Looked very high.

• Advertisement

Leinster lucky there, diving on the ground within one meter of the ruck. Lucky something before

Advertisement