Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Shops - Cashback with In-App Purchases - 3% with Amazon + other retailers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Did it work for anyone in their Dunnes shop? I activated on app, paid with revolut card, but received nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Mine didn't work anyway with Bershka. The most convoluted crappy UI / experience I've seen in a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Works in store with Zara anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Didn't work in-store in DID for me yesterday.

4.3kwh South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Anyone get it to work in Currys? I take it you need a physical card instead of the virtual card to use in store if the transaction is over the contactless limit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

How long does the cashback offer stay active once you activate on the revolut app. I noticed that sometimes Amazon don't charge immediately. When this happens I don't get the cashback. Making a habit of activating the cashback each night before going to bed in case they charge overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Worked for me yesterday in store at Smyths, definitely a handy one leading up to the Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Didn't work in store at PowerCity.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Stewball

Didn't work for me with vidaXL.

I contacted revolut chat and they told me it can take up to 14 days to receive the cashback. I'll contact them again if it doesn't come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ltd440

I bought a tablet on the currys website and collected in store.

I got my cashback instantly, but currys now charge a delivery to store fee of 6 euros, so that wiped out my little cashback win.

• Advertisement

Yes makes no sense, says 'Free in-store collection' but then when you select a location it says 'Collection in 3-5 days for €6.99'

Worked ordering a laptop for delivery through Currys, cashback there straight away.

Now just hoping I don't get a follow up email from Currys canceling the order saying it's not actually in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Frustrating time with O'Neill's.

Error with the card as Revolut declined payment saying the store didn't support 3DS.... Tried again using the Google Pay checkout with it linked to Revolut but the correct address Google sent was wrongly parsed by O'Neill's web engine, so didn't dare check out with an incorrect address.

Finally went back into the Revolut app to start over and managed to place the order successfully by fully typing the address - even their website doesn't recognise the Eircode and tells you to ignore the error message seen when it's entered - never seen that before - amateurs.

Unsurprisingly due to these two failed payment attempts, no 3% cashback....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The 3% for the stores under "shops" is simply great, for me the same second the card gets charged the cashback is on the account.

And 3% can amount to a lot with some stores, so this a powerful addition.

I installed the App on my Mac and hence get to use the real desktop sites of shops so that's simply to purchase stuff.

To answer my own question, not very long it seems. I activated the offer yesterday at around 10pm and was charged this morning at 8 am. No cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I activated it at half 12 last night and was charged around 4am so you may be right.

Also, can confirm it works for amazon.com. Got my cashback in dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭frash

I've used this in Dunnes - money back straight away

Ink123.ie was the same

Zooplus - I got the notification about the cash back but then it's not in my list of transactions. I do see it in the "Your cashback" screen though so I guess it's coming

Why do some companies take longer than others?

Edit - Zooplus came in after a couple of hours

Post edited by frash on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Cex and smyths cashback came through immediately. As did ebay and sports direct

Aliexpress hasn't come through yet but might do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Anyone got cashback from very.ie? Mine not come through yet from a purchase this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ConorC1

Is it possible to use laptop instead of phone? When you login into revolut on a laptop you can see when you click this button it tries to open the app which is not found so just a blank browser window

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Thanks for the heads up on using it in actual shops. Worked in Smyths and Woodies for me and was a handy amount too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone else unable to find some of the shops? Can't find Smyths or Harvey Norman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭djdunny

Same. Just checked for both and neither appeared in the search.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Smyths is gone for me too now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Yep, doesn't show on my recents and I used it a couple of days ago. They must have realised how much that would cost in the run up to Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yet oddly if I search for Smyths, it pops up briefly before disappearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Was looking for it myself last night but no sign of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Came here to ask this, getting the same behaviour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Easons seems to be gone from the cashback too.

Advertisement