Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

DIY PV install

• 08-10-2022 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

We are well into our instal so I thought I would post our progress here.

We got:-

x28 all black 405w Longi panels

x2 Solis 6kw your inverters

k2 fixings

Fitted x14 panels on our Annex, south facing, in two rows (strings) of x7

Build a small outhouse at the back of the property to house the running gear, so far have mounted the inverters, switches and a breakout box for the fuses, wired some of that up.

My Dad is helping me with this as he is a retired Instrument technician.

The panels on Annex will be run off one of the one inverters (two strings) as the bottom string has some shade during winter due to a nearby lampost .

The other x14 are going on my shed, x7 east facing, x7 West facing so two strings

Our Annex is powered from the Cottage where my parents live, hopefully this will help offset our usage as it is quite high between my folks and my own family of x5.

We are still trying to source a Solis 5g 1 phase power manager so that the two inverters will work/ together correctly once set up, I know they can be got but they seem elusive at the moment, heat merchants have them but won’t sell them to non REC certified people.

Also we don’t have enough materials for the shed yet, discovered we need way more hook, flashings etc, our rafters are 600mm spacings, we live in a very windy area so ended up putting the hooks on every rafter (x60 total), we only ordered x72 thinking this would be enough for the shed also, trying to order more now.

Comments

Advertisement